Log4Delphi Project Mission
The project's mission statement is as folows:
To produce a high quality and usable logging suite for Borland's Delphi loosely based on the Log4J package.
The project has three main goals:
- Simplicity should drive everything, the suite should be simple to understand and simple to use.
- Loosely based on Log4J
- The Log4J package is a mature logging package for the Java Platform. Log4Delphi is based on that package in such a way that those who know and understand Log4J will easily pick up and learn Log4Delphi.
- Log4Delphi should be flexible enough to easily integrate into new and existing Delphi projects, by following standard Delphi practices.
Project development follows three basic principles:
- collaborative software development with respectful, honest, technical-based interaction
- commercial-friendly standard license
- consistently high quality software
The project employs the eXtreme Programming methodology focussing on three core principles:
- Frequent Releases
- The project aims to have a release every month, with each release introducing one new feature.
- Test Driven Development
- Unit testing allows the code base to be easily refactored without breaking any existing code.
- Constantly improving the code base through refactoring.